Convert yourself into a divine battery, sending out through your hands divine healing rays whenever and wherever they may be needed.
Then your hands, charged with divine power, will throw healing rays into your patient’s heart and brain. Thus his seeds of ignorance will be destroyed, and he will smile with the health of God-love.
First, invoke the Divine Presence to bless, guide and protect your healing prayer session. Here is a suggested prayer:
“Divine Mother, Heavenly Father, Friend, Beloved God. Jesus Christ, Great Masters of India, and beloved Guru, Paramhansa Yogananda, we humbly bow at Thy feet. Fill us with Thy healing light that we may share Thy blessings with those in need. Lord, give us Thyself, that we may give Thee to all!”
This reverence to the Infinite, God, is essential for true spiritual healing. We are serving as willing instruments for a much greater power than our own little selves.
Then proceed with one of the following healing prayer methods:
After meditation, draw the energy to the arms and hands. Rub the hands together briskly, then raise them above your head.
Visualize the person you wish to heal. Chant AUM mentally or aloud three times, deeply concentrating on God’s blessings flowing through your hands.
Do this for as long as you feel to.
Prayer to Divine Mother
You may also pray thus:
Divine Mother, Thou art omnipresent. Thou art in all Thy children. Thou art in (the name of the person). Manifest Thy healing presence in his (her) body, mind and soul.
Rub the palms of your hands together briskly, then hold up your hands and chant AUM three times, sending healing energy to that person.
Please also see the video in the right sidebar: “Healing Prayers at a Distance.”
To learn more:
Once you feel confident with the techniques above, you may want to practice this longer and deeper technique for healing at a distance.
• THE SECRET OF MEDITATION is loving God in whatever form you hold especially dear, and praying, “God–my Father, Mother, dearest Friend–I am Thine forever: Thine alone!” –
How Do We Really Heal?
• Perfect health is given by God. Disease is man-made. The baby who is born blind, or who is born a moron, brings such a condition from a past form of existence. Diseases acquired from the past or created through transgressions of the laws in this life are the results of human error. God wants His children to enjoy health and happiness, but they create disease and sorrow by breaking His laws.
Human methods are limited
• No doubt some medicines have healing power, since God gave herbs and minerals power to affect the body of man. We know from experience that medicine has power to heal, as is demonstrated by the wonderful healings effected by good drugs and good doctors. However, it must be remembered that medicine and doctors have limited power and often reveal their helplessness when confronted with chronic diseases. Therefore, to put your entire trust in medicine and not in God’s unlimited healing power, is sure to bring disillusionment.
God is the healer
• Convince the mind first that all human methods of cure are limited in their healing power, and that only God’s all-permeating, all-healing power is unlimited. While sitting in silence in the morning and evening, and whenever you have time during the day, mentally affirm: “Father, Thy unlimited and all-healing power is in me. Manifest Thy Light through the darkness of my ignorance.”
• In healing, the power of the healer, great or small, is limited compared to the unlimited healing power of God. Hence, all healers, instead of commanding their own powers in healing, should invoke the unlimited divine power of healing to flow through them. Man’s power may fail but God’s power can never fail. Yet God cannot heal us until we open the gates of our own willingness to be healed.
The key: an interested, joyous will
• Life force enters the body through the agency of an interested, joyous will. Learn to perform all your duties with a courageous cheerfulness welling up from within you; then you will see that a flood of vitality will move through your actions and your entire body. Do your daily duties, (even those which you have no interest in), with deepest attention and happiness, remembering that God is guiding and stimulating every worthwhile effort you are making to achieve a noble ambition. With the consciousness of God in your actions, and with the performance of noble actions, God and ceaseless energy will enter your body.
• Strong will-power pulls energy from the conscious cosmic rays surrounding the body through the door of the medulla oblongata. A man with strong will-power, by his highly vibrating mind, can shake out disease, failure, and ignorance. But the will vibration must be stronger than the vibration of physical or inner disease. The more chronic the disease is, the stronger and more unflinching should be the determination, faith, and effort of will to get well.
Negative thoughts shut off the supply of energy
• Remember that doubt, mental fatigue, worry, indifference, fear, restlessness, and timidity create counteracting static which makes it impossible for the cosmic energy to tune in with man. Mental and physical laziness are accompanied by listlessness and lack of energy.
• Enthusiasm and willingness go hand in hand with fresh supplies of energy. The greater the will, the more inexhaustible the energy. Death cannot ensue as long as the will to live is present. It is only because man, after his exhausting struggle with disease, relaxes the hold of his will on life, that death can conquer. So omnipotent is the will of man.