Immediate Benefits to a meditator
• Inner peace and silence, better attention and concentration, calming influence on everyone around us.
• Stress management through raising own our stress resistance and by changing our reactions to things that disturb us.
• Freedom from habits and addictions.With time the feeling of bliss from meditations will be enough for meditators to stop looking for other sources like smoking , drinking to get happy. They do drink socially but not to derive solace or ease from drinking or smoking.
• Improved health through cleansing of our subtle system. Like our physical body needs good balanced food and adequate exercise for cleansing , our mind needs meditation to cleanse the subtle body which surrounds our physical body. Seers have said that diseases first start in subtle body many weeks before they appear in physical body. So meditation will keep the subtle body energies balanced.
• Changed priorities, we start to discover our own inner source of self-motivation, self-respect and enthusiasm for life. The competition for power, position, money has made man more tense than ever before in the history of 3000 years and after meditating for few weeks the shift of priorities becomes evident and makes a person at ease with life.
Long-term Benefits of Osho Active Meditations
The body’s nervous system, which is part of an ultra sophisticated control mechanism, is divided into three parts; the Central, Peripheral and Autonomic Nervous Systems. These systems control how we act and perceive our universe through the senses and the autonomic system also governs the automatic running of our bodies by controlling essential non-conscious tasks such as the rate of our heart-beat, our blood flow and our breathing patterns.
1. Physical benefits of meditationThe chakra system of our subtle body
The chakra system of our subtle body
It is our subtle body (prana ) which co-ordinates all the work done by the organs and the cells in our body. When one of our energy centers (chakra) is blocked, physical dysfunctions appear in the organ it controls. It is then that most illnesses appear. Traditional medicine tries to cure the symptoms and medicines are targeted towards the affected organ. Meditation allows us to attack the cause directly, by re-balancing our subtle energy flow system thus cleaning our centers (chakra). Thus, even so-called incurable illnesses can be cured in a wholistic manner by the purifying work of the energy of the Kundalini.
Osho’s Dynamic meditation works on the subtle body through rebalancing the breathing system and hitting the Hara center for invoking the dormant energy inside us.. Osho Kundalini Meditation directly works on the Kundalini energy by generating the body electricity by vibrations of body and then directs the generated energy all over the body.
2. Mental benefits of meditation
Normally we see our world through our thoughts. And we have thoughts in our mind continuously day in day out. So we see the world as if we are seeing it through colored glasses. The modern psychology says that it is the number of thoughts coming in one’s mind that determines if a person is sane or in the verge of going depressed or insane. Osho active meditations naturally help the thoughts to appear in our mental frame less and less and also help us watch the thoughts like watching the clouds in the sky. This gives us a calm and stres-free mind.
3. Emotional benefits of meditation
When the Kundalini is awakened through meditation, our emotions are also brought into balance. All the weaknesses such as greed, fear, insecurity, jealousy etc. which hinder the expression of pure and sincere sentiments, are reduced when the joy of meditation is felt. This joy is absolute, devoid of all duality. Our all fears , greed and jealousy arise because we feel disconnected with the existence around , with the people around , with the nature around. Meditation creates a bridge , an energy connection with the existence around us which itself dissolves all fear, jealousy and hatred that dwell and overcomes us from time to time.
4. Spiritual benefits of meditation
Meditation reveals to us the eternal, divine being that is truth, awareness and bliss. All the buddhas of past and present have explained it as – ‘ Sat- Chit- Anand i.e., truth-consciusness-bliss . We become part and parcel of the whole, like a drop of water that gets dissolved in the ocean , and in meditation our bio-energy melts with the cosmic energy. This experience is the next stage in the evolution of an ordinary human being’s awareness: that person is said to be born again or realized. This means that our spiritual essence, that had been hidden until then, becomes reality. Our union with the whole will become stronger and stronger as we go along in meditation and that is without doubt the most precious benefit that Kundalini awakening can bring us.